The Office is saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Support of board activities.
- Collating and coordinating all periodic activity reports of the Agency (monthly,
quarterly, annually and as requested) represent the Agency at scheduled
- To proffer legal advice and handle all legal matters for the Agency.
- Co-ordinate, manage abatement review panel and issuance of Court summons after the
expiration of such abatement notices.
- Issue reports and recommendations of all decisions carried out by the panel to the GM.
- Ensure effective compliance with the Agency law by the citizens.
- Preparation and vetting of Contract agreements and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Perform other duties as specifically assigned by the General Manager.
The Office is saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Shall actively engage strategic Agencies of Government in line with the mandate of the Agency.
- Shall be in charge of Public Private Partnerships as it relates to the Agency.
- Shall ensure and facilitate international engagement and support for the Agency.
- Apply for grant funding for execution of agency projects.
- Thorough appraisal of mails, proposals, company profiles based on the request such as adoption of beautifies sites for the purpose of deploying advertisement hoardings.
- Assessment and evaluation of requests to use open spaces for advertisement hoardings.
- Ensure 100% revenue achievement.
- Creation of policies to further LASG greening policy.
- Set policies to ensure there are green spaces all over Lagos.
- Set standards for beautification using countries like Dubai and Singapore as a model.
Planning and Design
- Creation of plans and designs for beautification by the agency.
- Development of comprehensive short and medium term beautification plans.
- Production of architectural designs and drawings.
- Schematic design of proposed project. Standard design for all beautified projects.
- Overseeing project activities on establishing of landscaped and beautified sites.
- Oversee execution of projects.
- Preparation of BoQs as needed.
- Assessment and evaluation of sites to be landscaped and beautified open space property setback or perimeter fence at no cost to the Government.
- Establishment and maintenance of a research green house and plant nurseries for the introduction, familiarization and adaptation of new ornamental varieties and trees.
- Establishment and maintenance of a standard and functional library on plants, trees, landscaped designs, parks, tools, equipment, health and safety etc.
- Establishment and maintenance of a standard plant studio for visual identification of plants, tools and equipment for training.
- Collaboration with Research Institutes and other relevant bodies for new innovations in Horticulture and Forestry etc.
- Identification of sites for conservation.
- Develop technical information for the public.
- Management of the Plant Nurseries to a world class nursery to deliver comprehensive inventory of flowers and plants.
- Sale of plants.
Tree Planting And Maintenance Unit
- Handling of requests on felling, pruning and transplanting of trees.
- Transplanting of trees using the Big John Transplanting spade.
- Attending to public complaints on tree issues.
- Monitoring and supervision of pruning and felling of trees within the state.
- Enumeration and tagging of trees within the State inclusive of those in private tenements.
- Promoting afforestation in the State.
- Tree planting planning, oversee execution
- Tree pruning planning, oversee execution
- Monitoring and enumeration of trees
- Ceremonial tree planting
- Oversee and maintain agency managed sites.
- Oversee horticulture activities in region and carry out intervention according to SOPs.
- Manage gangs.
- Manage tree planters and pruners.
- Prepare site watering schedule for water management unit.
Water Management Unit
- Management of borehole and water reticulation systems in Parks and Gardens statewide.
- Watering of parks and gardens managed by the Agency.
- Facilitate the activities of all Departments and Units for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Assisting in the formulation, execution and review of policies towards achieving the mandate of the Agency.
- Responsible for capacity building (Local & International) training and development of all staff.
- Management and supervision of the Registry and Agency’s records.
- Maintenance of the Agency’s fleet of operational vehicles, including insurance matters..
- Responsible for Personnel matters, staff discipline and career progression in line with public service rules.
- Inter-departmental deployment of staff for effective service delivery.
- Implementation of staff welfare package policies of government.
- Responsible for the recruitment and enumeration of project staff and operatives.
Budget and Planning Unit
The Planning Unit is saddled with the following under-listed responsibilities/functions:
- Support to the newly created Economic Intelligence Unit in the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget.
- Management of Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) processes in MDAs.
- Preparation of Annual Budget on the same format for all MDAs as well as Implementation, Monitoring and Control.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Programmes and projects leading to performance.
- Rendition of monthly appraisal of Budget (Revenue, Recurrent and Capital Expenditure) returns from MDAs.
- Monitoring of the Implementation of the Ten Point Agenda (TPA), Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Vision 20:20 and such other High policy/planning documents as may be in general use and those peculiar to each MDAs.
- Provision of Technical support to Development Partners Programmes as it relates to specific MDAs (UN, UNDAF, DFID-SPARC, ILO etc.) being implemented through MEPB.
- Liaising with MEP&B on financial requests of the Agency.
- Liaising with State Tenders Board (STB).Liaising with relevant.
- Agencies regarding planning/Budget matters.
- Tracking of Budget Performance periodically.
- Collection, Collation and Analysis s of Statistical Data relating to the activities of the Agency and forwarding such data to the Lagos State Bureau of Statistics at MEPB periodically.
Finance and Accounts Department
- Maintain and ensure compliance with financial regulation, treasury circular and other relevant rules and policies.
- Maintain and keep relevant book of account of the Agency. Advice management on all accounting and financial matters as it affect the Agency.
- Liaising with the state treasury office and Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget on behalf of the Agency.
- Collection of remittance from the State treasury office and pay same into the agency account for further disbursement.
- Supervise assign responsibilities, post and maintain discipline of account staff in the agency.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial report and other financial statement as may be required by the State Treasury Office.
- Performing any other assignment assigned to me by the Accounting Office and the State Treasury Office.